• Print

Author Topic: Turtles fossilized while mating  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Agahnim

• Not a fan of custom titles
  • Administrator
  • Fossil
  • If you lack orders, go find something and kill it.
Turtles fossilized while mating
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
Those of you who participate in the Hell Creek forum have already seen this, but for those who haven't: http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/06/turtle-sexpreserved-for-the-ages.html

I wonder if it's possible something like this will be discovered for dinosaurs eventually.  There's already something slightly similar with the "Romeo and Juliet" Citipati specimens, so it's not out of the question.

Offline Ferahgo

• Administrator
  • Fossil
  • SCIENCE NEEDS ME!
    • Emily Willoughby Art
Re: Turtles fossilized while mating
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »
And if it does become the case, it may present a unique paleoillustration opportunity for me...
"Hands are levers of influence on the world that make intelligence worth having." - Steven Pinker

Offline Safyras

• Elder
    • furaffinity
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »
It just boggles my mind how it is they died while in such an act, as it states in the article there was no fossil recordings of a mass death, so how the hell did it happen?
Come; follow me into the darkness as far as you can go.~<br /><br />True Nightmares do not end when You wake up.~

Offline Circe

• Hatchling
  • Chirp!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:14 PM »
It just boggles my mind how it is they died while in such an act, as it states in the article there was no fossil recordings of a mass death, so how the hell did it happen?

When you're doing it and a mudslide comes along, maybe you're just so preoccupied as to get buried.

Actually, I have no idea.

• Print